Monday, April 27, 2009

The Crazy Runner Club.

7 years ago I would have told you I was going for a run but that meant a 20 minute jog and thats it. If you would have asked me 7 years ago to train for a half marathon (13.1 miles) I probably would have laughed at you. Then I met Alejandro and my life in many ways changed, but in the first year of our relationship I went from a 20 minute jogger to running races 6 miles long. He didn't stop there,  then he said one day, ok now, you need to run a half marathon! We did some crazy training in Guaetmala. He had me running up Volcanoes, crazy steep highways, and dirt roads up in the mountains! I wouldn't change it for the world, any of it.
 

Anyway.

I'm writing this blog today for those who run, those who would like to run, and those who just don't get why people run!

I run for those who can't. I run for those people who can't get out of their bed, their chair, their house. I run for them. I can't even fathom not being able to get out of bed in the morning and walk, let alone run. Running makes me thankful. There are moments where I hate running but then I remember. I remember the guy in Antigua who begged for money in his wheel chair, he had no legs, I run for him. I run for the kids who are sick in hospitals and can't run and throw themselves into the grass. I think of these people, when the hill is super steep or it is -3 degrees outside and I can't feel my face or when its 90 degrees and I can hardly breath, I think of these people. Their faces, their pain, their sadness. I run for them because they can't run and God knows they want to. So, I run.

 However, I will say I do not run for those whoe are afraid to run.
Do you want to run? I think a lot of people don't run because they don't know where to begin. The idea of putting on their shoes and going for a 20 minute run is too much. It doesn't have to be hard or painful to start. I'm not a pro at all, and there are plenty of websites you can find a plan on but sometimes it seems a lot easier when you hear it from a friend.


>For sure more to come...for now, happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment