Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Active waiting.

If you around me enough, you'll find out pretty fast I love to plan. The first thing I do when I open my eyes in the morning is give thanks for a new day and then start planning what I need to get done. I need the order. I love to put order to things. You do this first, you do that second, and then you can do this ect.

So what happens when we can't make a plan or we can make the plan but we can't actually get the plan in action. Talk about frustrating. This is for sure one thing I have struggled with and continue to struggle with through out my life. It is very hard to be in the 'waiting room' as I like to call it. Waiting to see what the future brings, wanting to plan but knowing right now, where I am, what I am doing is exactly where I need to be and I'm doing exactly what I need to be doing. Henry Nouwen says in one of his books that treasure we are looking for is buried right in the ground that we stand on. Right here. Right where I am, this is where my treasure is. It is hard for me to not plan and I'm not encouraging anyone to sit around with there arms crossed or twiddeling their thumbs but when you feel like you stuck in the 'waiting room' I encourage you to start digging into your own life, your own soul and your own surroundings to find all of the amazing things happening in your life even while you are waiting. Sometimes we want to bang on the walls, sometimes we want stamp our feet, sometimes we pace back and forth muttering to ourselves. We are completely unaware of our surroundings, the people around us, the opportunities that might be right in front of us. We are so focused on what we can't do, have or be that that we forget, we lose sight, we become blind to what we have going on for us in there and the now. I know it's hard, trust me. I have been in the waiting room many times. But your time will come. Your dreams will come true. Your plans may or may not come to pass but there may be a better plan, a more beautiful, awe inspiring, life giving plan. So dig deep, stop pacing and start looking around. You are blessed and your life is full of wonderful things. Enjoy them because maybe tomorrow you won't have them or maybe you will, whatever the case may be look around enjoy and be thankful. Continue to dream, always hope and Enjoy your life right now, there is always a reason to give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment